For most of us, teamwork is a part of everyday life. Whether it’s at home, in the community, or at work, we are often expected to be a functional part of a high performing team.
As a supervisor, you are expected to not only build your team, but also to continually motivate and develop the team to work independently to solve problems and drive improvement.
This course introduces the principles of building high performance teams using the Tuckman Model (Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing).
You will learn how to apply this model, and how to manage team meetings, and solve problems using the 6 Thinking Hats Model, and other problem solving techniques.
The content of the course includes:
- The Characteristics of high performing teams
- The Tuckman team development model
- Understanding Types of Teams
- Creating a team charter
- Team roles and achieving a balanced high performance team
- Building Self-Directed Teams
- Managing the Team development stages
- Forming your Team
- Storming - the foundations for action
- Norming - focusing on tasks and processes
- Performing - collaboration and achievement
- Building Trust and Loyalty
- Defining Team Success
- Using Expectancy Theory to motivate your team
- Encouraging Teamwork through trust and leadership
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
- Continuous Tutor support throughout the course
Suitable For: Supervisors and Managers
Course Duration: 8-10 Hours
Course Access Duration: You will have access to your course for 90 days from date of purchase
Certification: Completion Certificate
Resources: Comprehensive Learners manual, additional articles and worksheets
ILM Equivalence: 8600-309 – Understanding how to Establish an Effective Team (1 Credit)