Many companies don’t really know whether or not they’re making a gross profit on many of the products they sell. It’s a simple matter for a company with even the most fundamental bookkeeping to determine if it’s making a gross profit over all of its product sales. But if a company makes a number of products, each with different cost structures and levels of complexity, the managers often don’t really know how much each product contributes to—or subtracts from—the overall gross profit.
This course introduces the principles and purposes of cost accounting so they can be applied in practical business situations by a wide range of people including managers and staff working in production and manufacturing, service industries and public sector organizations.
The content of this course covers the following:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Costs and Cost Management
- Unit 3: The Purpose of Cost Accounting
- Unit 4: Classification of Costs
- Unit 5: Standard Costs
- Unit 6: Cost Centers
- Unit 7: Cost Estimation and Ascertainment
- Unit 8: Job and Contract Costing
- Unit 9: Batch and Process Costing
- Unit 10: Activity-based Costing
- Unit 11: Costs and Profitability
- Unit 12: Controlling Costs and Improving Profitability
- Unit 13: Wrapping-up
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
- Continuous Tutor support throughout the course
Suitable For: All non-finance staff involved in developing budgets
Course Duration: 20 Hours
Course Access Duration: You will have access to your course for 90 days from date of purchase.
Certification: Certificate of Attainment
Resources: Learners manual, Budgeting templates, additional articles and worksheets.
Course Duration: This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment: Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
Certification: Downloadable Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement (can be shared on social media).
Offline Learning: Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Support: Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
Joining the Course: On purchase, you will receive an automated login to the Global E-Learning Portal and your course.
5 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated tutor throughout the program.