VIEW INTRODUCTION TO THE ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT - PROGRAM PROFILE
The 60 credit Global ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT comprises 20 courses, and is designed to provide new and experienced Middle Managers with the knowledge and skills with which to successfully lead and manage the operational, human resources, commercial and financial management of a work or business unit.
The courses in this program include:
MODULE 1: PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
- EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT (3 credits) - This course helps managers apply an integrated approach to the management of performance in the organization, aligning people with organization strategy, and optimizing the use of management systems to drive business performance improvement.
- MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS (2 credits) - This comprehensive course is designed for business managers seeking to rapidly improve their skills in interpersonal and written communication, in all types of business situations.
- DEVELOP AND LEAD HIGH-PERFORMANCE TEAMS (3 credits) - Designed for experienced team leaders, this course is about taking your team to the next level. The course helps you build alignment and business focus required to accelerate team performance, and helps you build your reputation as a ‘Performance Leader’.
- UNDERSTAND AND MANAGE CHANGE (3 credits) - This course is designed for experienced middle managers planning to implement a major change initiative within the organization. The course is practical and provides the tools and resources to help you plan for successful change program implementation.
MODULE 2: MARKETING AND SALES
- FOUNDATIONS IN MARKETING (3 credits) - This course is designed to provide first line managers with an understanding of the key principles of marketing, and how they can be applied to your business.
- UNDERSTANDING THE EXTERNAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT (3 credits) - Designed for managers tasked with developing business and marketing strategy, this course provides a comprehensive insight into business environment analysis using the PESTLE model.
- PROMOTING THE BUSINESS (3 credits) - This practical course will give the knowledge to select the best marketing and promotional options for your business, plan for and buy in the services which will bring your business to the attention of your target markets, and build your image and brand.
MODULE 3: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (3 credits) - Designed for managers in non-financial roles, this course will equip you with the knowledge to interpret financial statements, and to participate with confidence in the financial planning of the organization.
- BUDGETARY PLANNING AND CONTROL (3 credits) - Designed for Middle Managers, this course will help you take more control over the budgeting process, and identify ways in which you can ensure your budgeting and reporting processes work for your business unit, and enhance business performance.
- DEVELOP A BUSINESS PLAN (3 credits) - This course provides managers with the knowledge and tools to develop a 3-year Business Plan for their business. Learn how to develop Strategy, Vision, Mission, Values , Goals, Objectives and Business Plan Financials.
MODULE 4: LEADERSHIP AND STRATEGY
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND LEADERSHIP (3 credits) - This course will give you the tools you need to be an emotionally intelligent leader in your workplace, and apply this knowledge and techniques to improving the effectiveness of your organization.
- DEVELOPING YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLES (3 credits) - The course helps experienced managers understand the leadership styles used in their organization, and to develop a range or leadership styles, and apply these to differing work contexts and demands.
- LEADERSHIP FOR RESULTS (3 credits) - Leadership for results involves managing the implementation of business goals and objectives, through the application of leadership behaviors which produce high motivation and commitment, and sustainable business results.
MODULE 5: OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- TECHNIQUES FOR BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT (3 credits) - This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of continuous quality improvement. You will learn how to use a wide range of techniques and tools to analyze, map and improve business processes, and service quality.
- MANAGING RISK IN THE ORGANIZATION (3 credits) - In this course, managers will learn the practical skills necessary to perform regular risk assessments, treat and control risks, and introduce best practice risk management into their organization.
- MANAGING SERVICE QUALITY (3 credits) - This course is designed to help experienced customer service managers evaluate service quality, and develop the processes, practice and systems to improve service quality in their business.
- MANAGING WORKPLACE PROJECTS (3 credits) - This course is designed for people managing small to medium scale business projects, and provides a comprehensive introduction to the concepts, methods and techniques of project management.
MODULE 6: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- MANAGE DISCIPLINE AND GRIEVANCES (3 credits) - This course is designed for first line and aspiring first line managers, and provides comprehensive guidance and practical knowledge in how to manage and maintain discipline in the workplace.
- MANAGING PERSONAL PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT (4 credits) - This comprehensive course provides new and experienced managers with the knowledge and tools to identify their professional development needs and to plan and manage their learning and career development.
- MANAGING EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT (3 credits) - This course in Managing Employee Development will managers and leaders the tools and the knowledge to develop the capabilities of your team to better meet the growth needs of the business, while improving the motivation of your team members.
In order to register in this course, candidates will be working in a middle management position, or preparing for entry into a middle management role. Candidates will have completed the Accedited Supervisor Program or a comparable qualification in business, and, or management.
Learners have 9 months from the date of enrolment to complete the ADVANCED DIPLOMA Program.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
FINAL EXAM - to qualify for the Advanced Diploma (and the ACCREDITED MANAGER QUALIFICATION AND DESIGNATION), you will complete 6 final examinations, which covers the content of the core units of the Advanced Diploma Program. You will have 360 minutes to complete the 6 final examinations (300 questions - passmark 50%).
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS DIPLOMA PROGRAM NOW!
- You get a Management Certification which is recognized worldwide.
- You get a Digital Credential which is blockchain verifiable and can be shared on Social media.
- All Global courses are iPad and Mobile device compatible.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
Global Institute of Accredited Managers Advanced Diploma Certificate and Badge, assigned through the G-IAM Digital Certification Service, enabling you to share your qualification on linkedIn and other social media platforms.
On-line with email, skype and phone support as required.
Downloadable Learners manuals for each course, additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.