Comprising 2 courses and 30+ hours of online learning, the ILM LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (EFFECTIVE SUPERVISION) is designed to enable newly appointed or aspiring managers, to develop the skills and knowledge to take on excel in the leadership and management of a team.
The program provides training in a wide range of key management and leadership skills, essential for success in a first line management role in commercial and public-sector organizations.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
The content of this ILM LEVEL 3 AWARD PROGRAM has been carefully chosen to provide a concise, but intensive learning experience which balances development of knowledge of quality and business improvement techniques, with practical improvement team leadership skills. Candidates for the Award are required to complete units to the value of 4 credits.
COURSE 1: PLANNING AND ALLOCATING WORK (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Management
- Unit 3: The Functions of Management
- Unit 4: Setting Team Goals
- Unit 5: Organizing Work
- Unit 6: Assigning Work
- Unit 7: Delegating Effectively
- Unit 8: Management Controls
- Unit 9: Giving Feedback
- Unit 10: Managing with Authority
- Unit 11: Wrapping-up
COURSE 2: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- UNit 2: Understanding Communication
- Unit 2: Barriers to Communication
- Unit 4: Non-Verbal Communication
- Unit 5: Active Listening
- Unit 6: Verbal Communication
- Unit 7: The Art of Persuasion
- Unit 8: Effective Questioning
- Unit 8: When to put it in Writing
- Unit 9: Wrapping Up
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analyse their business environment and their personal leadership experiences.
Learners are free to complete the program at their own pace. Each course in the program will take approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners will have 12 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program.
The program is delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 12 months from the date of registration).
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Participants must complete all 6 of the courses in the program to qualify for the certificate.
- Each course takes approximately 20 hours to complete.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our E-Learning Portal. Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (80 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written assignments of approximately 1200 words for each course. Assignments are practical and require candidates to apply the theory in the course to their work context. The pass mark for each assignment is 50%. Comprehensive assessment guides are provided for each course, and your Global tutor provides continuous guidance and feedback on your assignment drafts to help you meet the pass criteria.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £75), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.