Comprising 3 courses and 50+ hours of online learning, the ILM LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (MANAGING WORKPLACE PROJECTS) is designed to enable newly appointed or aspiring managers, to develop foundation skills and knowledge essential to managing dsmall scale busienss projects.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
The content of this ILM LEVEL 3 AWARD PROGRAM has been carefully chosen to provide a concise, but intensive learning experience which helps new managers develop and understanding of their organization and the business context, and develop knowledge and skills in budgeting and cost management, alongside practical business communication skills. Candidates for the Award are required to complete units to the value of 4 credits.
COURSE 1: MANAGING WORKPLACE PROJECTS (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Key Concepts in Project Management
- Unit 3: Project Initiation
- Unit 4: Project Costs and Benefits
- Unit 5: The Project Charter
- Unit 6: The Project Plan 1 - Schedule
- Unit 7: The Project Plan 2 - Resources
- Unit 8: The Project Financial Plan
- Unit 9: Project Communication plan
- Unit 10: Managing Project Execution
- Unit 11: Monitoring Project Progress
- Unit 12: Project Close-out
- Unit 13: Wrapping-up
COURSE 2: ORGANIZING AND DELEGATING WORK (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: The Functions of Management
- Unit 3: Understanding Delegation
- Unit 4: Preparing to Delegate
- Unit 5: Knowing Who and What
- Unit 6: Briefing for Effective Delegation
- Unit 7: Progress and Support
- Unit 8: Evaluation and Learning
- Unit 9: Barriers to delegation
- Unit 10: Wrapping-up
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analyse their business environment and their personal leadership experiences.
Learners are free to complete the program at their own pace. Each course in the program will take approximately 15 hours to complete. Learners will have 4 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program.
The program is delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 6 months from the date of registration).
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our E-Learning Portal. Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (80 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written assignments of approximately 1200 words for each course. Assignments are practical and require candidates to apply the theory in the course to their work context. The pass mark for each assignment is 50%. Comprehensive assessment guides are provided for each course, and your Global tutor provides continuous guidance and feedback on your assignment drafts to help you meet the pass criteria.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £81), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.