Comprising 2 courses and 80+ hours of online learning, the ILM LEVEL 4 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP) will provide you with the skills to lead your team to success.
You will learn to apply best practice leadership skills, and adapt your leadership styles to different situations and with different groups of people. You will also learn a wide range of techniques to motivate, empower and gain the commitment of your team.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
The content of this ILM LEVEL 4 AWARD PROGRAM has been carefully chosen to provide a concise, but intensive learning experience which balances development of knowledge of people management, with practical leadership skills to reduce stress and conflict and establish a highly produuctive work enviornment. Candidates for the Award are required to complete units to the value of 5 credits.
COURSE 1: DEVELOPING YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLES (4 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Leadership
- Unit 3: The Evolution of Leadership
- Unit 4: Effective Leadership and Performance
- Unit 5: Understanding Leadership Styles
- Unit 6: Situational Leadership
- Unit 7:Using the 3 Leadership Styles
- Unit 8: Transformational Leadership
- Unit 9: Assess your Leadership Effectiveness
- Unit 10: Wrapping-up and Further Learning
COURSE 2: MOTIVATING PEOPLE FOR PERFORMANCE (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Motivation
- Unit 3: Basic Motivation Theory
- Unit 4: Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Unit 5: Herzberg's Motivation Theory
- Unit 6: Theory X and Theory Y
- Unit 7: Expectancy Theory
- Unit 8: Adam’s Equity Theory and Motivation
- Unit 9: Goal Setting and Motivation
- Unit 10: Setting high Expectations
- Unit 11: Personality and Motivation
- Unit 12: Motivation and Engagement
- Unit 13: Assessing motivation and Engagement
- Unit 14: Motivation Action Planning
- Unit 15: Wrapping-up
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analyse their business environment and their personal leadership experiences.
Learners are free to complete the program at their own pace. Each course in the program will take approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners will have 12 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program.
The program is delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 6 months from the date of registration).
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Each course takes approximately 20 hours to complete.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our E-Learning Portal. Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (100 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written assignments of approximately 2500 words for each course. Assignments are practical and require candidates to apply the theory in the course to their work context. The pass mark for each assignment is 50%. Comprehensive assessment guides are provided for each course, and your Global tutor provides continuous guidance and feedback on your assignment drafts to help you meet the pass criteria.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 4 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £90), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.