Comprising 2 courses and 40+ hours of online learning, the ILM LEVEL 5 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT) will provide you with the skills and knowledge to review the performance of your department's operations and assess the effectiveness of your personal leadership performance.
In the first course in this program, you will examine a range of models and best practice approaches to managing organizations, and techniques to apply to improve organizational efficiency and overall effectiveness.
In the second course, you will examine a range of leadership theories and practices, and carry out an assessment of your personal leadership effectiveness. You will then develop a personal development plan to improve your leadership performance, to support your drive to improve overall organizational performance.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
The content of this ILM LEVEL 5 AWARD PROGRAM has been carefully chosen to provide a concise, but intensive learning experience which provides managers with a comprehensive insight into best practice leadership and management in particular, practical steps they can take to improve overall organizational performance. Candidates for the AWARD are required to complete units to the value of 6 credits.
COURSE 1: MANAGING FOR EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS (4 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Management
- Unit 3: Efficiency versus Effectiveness
- Unit 5: The Functions of Management
- Unit 6: Planning and Management by Objectives
- Unit 7: Implementing Strategy
- Unit 8: Organizing – Setting up Teams
- Unit 9: Delegating Effectively
- Unit 10: Directing (Leading your Team)
- Unit 11: Leadership Styles
- Unit 12: Management Controls
- Unit 13: Accountability Management
- Unit 14: Improving Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Unit 15: Assessing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Unit 16: Becoming an Effective Manager
- Unit 17: Wrapping-up
COURSE 2: ASSESSING YOUR LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE (6 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Leadership
- Unit 3: The Evolution of Leadership
- Unit 4: Leadership Effectiveness and Performance
- Unit 5: Understanding Leadership Styles
- Unit 6: Situational Leadership
- Unit 7: Applying Leadership Styles
- Unit 8: Transformational Leadership
- Unit 9: Creating the Vision
- Unit 10: Motivating your Team
- Unit 11: Assessing your Leadership Effectiveness
- Unit 12: Wrapping-Up and Further Learning
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analyse their business environment and their personal leadership experiences.
Learners are free to complete the program at their own pace. Each course in the program will take approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners will have 8 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program.
The program is delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 6 months from the date of registration).
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Participants must complete both of the courses in the program to qualify for the certificate.
- Each course takes approximately 20 hours to complete.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our E-Learning Portal. Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (100 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written assignments of approximately 2500 words for each course. Assignments are practical and require candidates to apply the theory in the course to their work context. The pass mark for each assignment is 50%. Comprehensive assessment guides are provided for each course, and your Global tutor provides continuous guidance and feedback on your assignment drafts to help you meet the pass criteria.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 5 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £92), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.