This course in Improving Personal Effectiveness will help participants discover that they can have control over many aspects of their job and their environment, by making appropriate choices and responses.
You will learn steps you can take to either initiate personal changes which will enable you to manage situations and interactions which you dislike, or cannot control. You will learn a number of techniques to be more assertive, and manage your managers and difficult people successfully.
You will learn how to apply routines, and a range of management tools and techniques, to improve personal productivity, and manage workplace crises with confidence.
In addition, you will learn hwo to recognize stressors in your life, and take steps to control them.
At the end of this Course, you should be better able to:
- Use assertiveness techniques to ‘manage with authority’;
- Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
- Say 'No'
- Handle Interruptions
- Organize your workspace and work-flow to make better use of time
- Use rituals to make your life run smoother
- Plan and take control of your work schedules and commitments
- Understand and control stress.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding how you manage your time
- Understanding Assertiveness
- Learning to take control
- Tackling Procrastination
- Dealing with Interruptions
- Organizing Better
- Attention Management
- Understanding Stress
- Coping with Stress
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8000-269: Managing Yourself - (2 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8000-269: Managing Yourself - (2 credits)