Building and maintain good working relationships will not only make you more engaged and committed to your organization; it can also open doors to key projects, and opportunities for career advancement.
For team leaders and managers, building good relations within the team and between the team and others in the organization is fundamental to the team and the manager’s success. The consequence of not managing relationships effectively is conflict and declining performance. Equally, poor relationship management can lead to
In this course, you will learn how to apply a wide range of essential skills and techniques to continually improve your relationships, and those of your team, both within the team, and with other stakeholders inside and outside your place of work.
The content of this course includes:
- The Importance of good working relationships
- Knowing Stakeholder Needs and Expectations
- Managing Relationships
- Coping with ‘Difficult’ People
- Using Feedback to improve relationships
- Managing Diversity in the workplace
- Managing Cross-Cultural Communication
- Building Trust and Confidence
- Managing Internal Communication
- Monitoring team relationships
- Networking effectively
- Resolving Workplace Conflict
- Managing Anger
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-344 – Understanding and Developing Relationships in the Workplace (2 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
ILM Course: 8600-344 – Understanding and Developing Relationships in the Workplace