Most organizations will express openly their commitment to developing their people, and most CEOs will argue that their people are their most valuable asset. The reality is however, this valuable activity is often ignored… or handled as a bureaucratic exercise… or an afterthought. Few managers feel they have the time spend on planning employee development, and most will hope that the HR department wills resource, and support their employee development programs.
However, it is in organizations where all managers consider a vital part of their jobs to be employee development, that sustainable innovation and growth are experienced.
This course will help you build the capabilities of your people in alignment with organization needs, but also help you inspire, motivate and challenge your people to realize their full potential. You will learn about the tools and techniques for assessing training and development needs, and the resources available to you, both inside and outside your organization to do this. You will also learn about the range of development options available, and how to develop specific growth plans for individuals and teams
In addition, you will learn how to use your organizations performance appraisal system to advise your team members on their development needs, and how to improve their personal performance. You will learn how to help your people plan their careers, and how to support them through the learning and development process. You will also learn how to apply this planning to the management of performance, and accountability and performance improvement planning.
The content of this course explores 3 main themes and includes:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: The Importance of Employee Development
- Unit 3: The Manager's Role in Employee Development
- Unit 4: Identifying Development Needs
- Unit 5: Learning and Development Plans
- Unit 6: Learning Styles
- Unit 7: Individual Development Plans
- Unit 8: Justifying the Training Investment
- Unit 9: Monitoring and Evaluating Learning
- Unit 10: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Middle Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with supporting the development of their employees.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a middle manage.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ATHE Level 7 course Personal Development for Strategic Leadership (15 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ATHE qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).