In successful organizations, managing business performance and managing the performance of people are becoming increasingly aligned. Performance-focused organizations cascade strategy, and ensure staff at all levels of the organizations work together for the achievement of the organizations strategic agenda. Managers need to have the knowledge and the tools to build this alignment.
Managing for Performance involves adopting a strategic approach to the management of the business, and placing strategy at the heart of managing the people in the business. Managing for Performance requires a commitment by managers and the organization to continually focus on the Goals and Objectives of the business, and align all activities and processes to support and deliver results for the organizations key stakeholders.
The content of this course will help take much more control over the work of your team, to be able to demonstrate to your CEO and the Board the visible commitment of your team to delivering on business objectives. It will also help you get more out of your team through the use of some proven tools and techniques and to enhance team motivation, and commitment to delivering results.
The content of this course comprises the following 16 units:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Managing for Performance
- Unit 3: Understanding Organization Strategy
- Unit 4: Implementing Business Strategy
- Unit 5: Management by Objectives
- Unit 6: The Functions of Management
- Unit 7: Setting Team Goals
- Unit 8: Motivating the Team for Performance
- Unit 9: Goal Setting and Motivation
- Unit 10: Management Controls and Performance
- Unit 11: Measuring Performance
- Unit 12: Using the Balanced Scorecard
- Unit 13: Managing Accountability
- Unit 14: Feedback for Performance
- Unit 15: Learning Management
- Unit 16: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-400: Understanding the Management Role to Improve Performance (4 Credits) To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-400: Understanding the Management Role to Improve Performance (4 Credits)