VIEW AND EXTRACT FROM THIS COURSE
According to the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard, risk is 'the effect of uncertainty on objectives' The Management of Risk is of critical importance to organisations. Businesses must identify, evaluate, manage and report many types of risk for improved external decision making. Equally, businesses need to employ risk and management and business continuity management best practice to ensure their commercial viability.
In today’s business environment, risk management skills are becoming essential for managers across all levels of the organisation.
In this course, managers, and other professionals tasked with managing risk, will learn the practical skills necessary to perform regular risk assessments, treat and control risks, and introduce best practice risk management into their organization. Participants will learn how to apply a range of essential risk management tools, and how to improve decision making through the use of fact based analysis, and evaluation of risks. In so doing, you will be able to advise on, and make commercial, operational, personnel and other business decisions for which the risks are demonstrably under control.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding Risk Management
- Understanding the Risk Management Process
- Effective Risk Identification
- Effective Risk Assessment
- Understanding Commercial / Economic Risks
- Understanding Personnel / HSE Risks
- Understanding operational risks
- Understanding Property and Security risks
- Risk Treatment and Management techniques
- Risk Control (monitoring and review techniques)
- Using the ISO 31,000 Risk Management Standards
- Conducting a Risk Assessment of your Organization
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-403: Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-403: Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits)