VIEW AN EXTRACT FROM MANAGING STRESS AT WORK
Stress is a normal feature of the human experience, whether at work, or at home. The harmful effects of prolonged stress are loss of motivation, exhaustion, and potentially serious mental and physical health problems.
Do you feel overloaded at work? Do you feel that you lack control over your work experience, and that you do not have the support to change things? Do you feel that your stress levels are increasing and you are health is suffering? Are your employees showing signs of stress: arguments, depression, dissatisfaction, absenteeism? If so, then this course will help you take steps to reduce your personal stress at work, and the stress experience of your team members.
You will examine the stress factors in your workplace, and learn a range of techniques to improve how you approach and manage work schedules, manage relationships with your team and colleagues, and how you can build up a strong personal stress defense foundation. You will also learn how to recognize stress in your people, and to provide, or seek appropriate types of support.
The content of this course includes:
- The Biology of Stress
- Understanding Stress
- Understanding how stress affects your life.
- Identify your Work Stress Profile
- Understanding the effects of stress on your people
- The Role of the manager
- Using the 3 A's approach to Managing Stress
- Taking Control at Work
- Managing Environmental Stress
- Working with Powerful people
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Setting up Stress Defenses
- Using Relaxation Techniques to cope with stress
- Diet Sleep and Exercise - creating a low stress lifestyle
- Management Competence and Managing Stress
- The Role of the Organization in Managing Stress
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-313 Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace (1 credit). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-313 Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace (1 credit)