Continuing Professional Development, or CPD, has become a fundamental requirement for the maintenance of professional registration for many professions across the world today. Without demonstrating that you have engaged in CPD, it can be difficult to remain registered, join a professional body or obtain insurance for a professional practice, whether in the medical professional, or as a legal or financial professional.
However, CPD goes far beyond the role of a compliance instrument. CPD is now highly regarded as a means, by which individuals can grow their careers, and achieve recognition for their continual learning. When structured and managed effectively, CPD becomes a methodology that organizations can use to promote continual business improvement. We define continuing professional development (CPD) as ‘a range of learning activities through which professionals continue to learn and develop throughout their careers so they keep their skills and knowledge up to date and are able to work safely, legally and effectively’.
In this course, we provide the guidance and tools to enable professionals to both plan their careers, and to develop personal professional development plans to help realise their career and lifestyle goals. In addition, we provide the tools, with which you can manage your professional development, and in particular through the use of a personal professional development portfolio (PDP).
The content of this course includes:
- · Understanding Self-Development
- · Using a Professional Development portfolio
- · Knowing your Lifestyle Goals
- · Knowing your Wealth creation goals
- · Knowing your Career Options
- · Knowing your Career Goals
- · Knowing your Personal Development Needs
- · Creating a Professional Development Plan
- · Understanding your Learning Style
- · Managing your learning
- · Documenting your Portfolio
- · Reflecting on Learning
- · Evaluating Learning Outcomes
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-521 Managing Own Continuing Professional Development (15 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-521 Managing Own Continuing Professional Development (15 credits)