This course is designed for managers tasked with setting up teams to plan for and execute complex team activities. The course begins with an assessment of the qualities of effective team leadership, and the techniques to use to set up an effective team. We then look at the process of preparing the work plan, and identifying the resources to execute your plan. We follow with this with a consideration of leadership techniques to apply in delegating work to the members of the team.
We also look in some detail at the communication skills required to ensure team members know their roles and responsibilities and remain focused on the work plan. Finally, we help you assess your overall effectiveness in leading the team, and in identifying areas for improvement.
The content of this course includes:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Defining the Effective Team
- Unit 3: Setting-up Effective Teams
- Unit 4: Developing the Team Work Plan
- Unit 5: Managing Risk
- Unit 6: Assigning Work.
- Unit 7: Communicating the Work Plan
- Unit 8: Monitoring Progress
- Unit 9: Reviewing your Leadership Effectiveness
- Unit 10: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-401 Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-401 Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity (4 credits)