The GMA Bachelor’s Degree Pathway Program developed in collaboration with leading international universities, offers busy working people the opportunity to complete a degree program quickly at a fraction of the cost of conventional study.
The Global First year Diploma Program is accpeted by leading universities in the U.K., Ireland, Canada, the USA and Australia for direct entry into the 2nd year of a Bachelor Degree Program in Business management (see below for partnering universities).
On completion of the program, you will receive the OFQUAL accredited ATHE (Awards for Technical and Higher Education) Level 4 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management (120 credits)
WHO ARE GLOBAL MANAGEMENT ACADEMY?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the ATHE and many other OFQUAL accredited awarding bodies in the United Kingdom.
GMA has offices around the world, specializing in online leadership and business management education. GMA also has strategic alliances with leading international universities, and offers pathway qualifications accepted for advanced entry into Bachelor's Degree Programs with leading universites (see list below).
The content of this Level 4 First year Diploma program has been carefully chosen to provide a comprehensive range of study in business and management topics to enable entry to undergraduate business management degree programs worldwide.
The Program combines a number of 'mandatory units', and 'elective units' and candidates are required to complete a minimum of 8 units, and a minimum of 120 credits. The units are listed below:
- BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT - This unit will develop learners’ understanding of the national and global business environment and the internal and external circumstances in which different organisations operate.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - The aim of this unit is to provide an overview of the human and physical resources needed in a range of organisations, including those in the primary, service and manufacturing sectors. The unit develops an understanding of the impact of efficiency on organisations. Learners will use this knowledge and understanding to review the effective use of resources within an organisation.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR BUSINESS - This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the communication practices within organisations and learners are introduced to the different modes and channels of communication used in organisations. In addition, learners will be able to develop their communication skills. Learners will also apply their own communication skills to typical organisational requirements.
- PEOPLE IN ORGANIZATIONS - This unit helps learners develop knowledge and understanding of those aspects of organisations that concern and support people. This includes communication practices, teamwork, remote working and other organisational structures. Using this knowledge and understanding, learners will be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people.
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES - In this unit learners will be able to develop knowledge and understanding of the range of administrative services that might be offered to managers or departments within organisations. Learners with also be able to develop skills needed for effective administration in organisations.
- THE MARKETING MIX - In this unit learners will develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketing mix and the roles of the seven aspects of the marketing mix to businesses.
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - To develop an understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) issues and impacts of CSR policy. Learners will be able to use their knowledge and understanding to make recommendations for responsible business practice.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP - This unit provides the learner with an understanding of entrepreneurship in business, the skills and qualities needed by a successful entrepreneur and the roles an entrepreneur plays in starting and developing businesses. The learner will develop skills in evaluating possible new business ventures and will be able to prepare for a new business venture.
- PLANNING A WORK BASED TEAM PROJECT - In this unit, learners will develop project management skills for a work-based team project by implementing the different stages of project development, implementation and review.
- FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS - In this unit, learners will develop knowledge and understanding of fundamental financial and management accounting techniques used by managers in organisations and to enable learners to apply these techniques.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT - Learners will be able to develop knowledge and understanding of the scope and importance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and to explore how effective CRM is achieved.
- CULTURAL PERSPECTIVES - This unit provides learners with an introduction to the concepts of cultural intelligence and its impact on individuals and organisations. Learners will gain knowledge and understanding of culture, ethics and globalisation and how they impact on the business environment.
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT - In this unit, learners will gain an understanding of the concepts of quality, quality control, quality assurance and quality management. They will review this in the context of an organisation considering how to apply principles of quality management.
- MANAGING OPERATIONS - I this unit learners will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of the role and importance of operations management in organisations. They will assess the importance of an efficient and effective production process for goods and services.
- MANAGE INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE - This unit will provide the learner with an understanding of the key concepts of managing information and knowledge in a business setting.
- APPLIED STATISTICS - This unit aims to provide learners with an introduction to applied statistics. The learners will learn numerical and algebraic methods before using these techniques to process data and design an investigation using inferential testing.
Candidates are required to have completed GCE Advanced Level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects, or an equivalent Level 3 Qualiification or other equivalent international qualifications. Candidates with a first language other than English require IELTS Level 6 or equivalent.
Each course in the program will take approximately 100 hours to complete. Learners will have 12 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program (extensions may be avilable on request).
The program is conducted part time over 2 years, and delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal
- Webinars and 1-2-1 web tutorials.
- Virtual Community Learning and networking.
- Attendance at the university of choice, or online (contact us for programs in your region).
- Duration: Part 1 of your program can be completed in 12 months, and will require a personal commitment of approximately 12 hours per week. Part 2 of the program requires attendance at a number of Ulster University Global workshops and can be completed in 9 to 12 months.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our Postgraduate E-Learning Portal. All Global Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (100 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written evidence-based assignments for each course of approximately 5000 to 8000 words, underpinned by the theoretical frameworks contained in the courses. A final Business Research project (for the MBA top-up) will normally require completion of an assignment of 10,000 words.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 4 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT (OFQUAL accredited).
BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRESSION
On successful completion of Global First Year Undergraduate Diploma Program, you will receive the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management. You may progress directly to the Second Year Undergraduate Diploma Program (ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management).
The Level 4 Extended Diploma is accepted for entry to the second year degree programs the following universities in the U.K, Ireland, Australia and the United States.
GMA partners with the following Universities for the Bachelor's Degree Qualifications:
- University of Sunderland (United Kingdom)
- University of Northampton (United Kingdom)
- University of Worcester (United Kingdom)
- University of Lincoln (United Kingdom)
- University of Bolton (United Kingdom)
- University of Portsmouth (United Kingdom)
- Coventry University (United Kingdom)
- Northwood University Michigan (USA)
- Limerick Institute of Technology (Ireland)
- Carlow Institute of Technology (Ireland)
- Southern Cross University (Australia)
Please contact us for specfic details on entry into these universities.