Research evidence increasingly supports the case that organisations that are more diverse and inclusive outperform those that are not. Embracing diversity and ensuring inclusion creates an environment where people are happier, more creative, and more productive. It also helps reduce absenteeism and turnover, as well as making your organisation a more attractive place to work.
This course is designed for staff and team leaders seeking to improve their knowledge off and skills in working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
The course comprises 9 units of study, with accompanying online presentations, online videos, case studies and quizzes.
The content of this course includes:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Diversity
- Unit 3: Understanding Stereotypes
- Unit 4: Understanding Discrimination
- Unit 5: Coping with Discrimination
- Unit 6: Dealing with Diversity Complaints
- Unit 7: Managing Corss-Cultural Communication
- Unit 8: Promoting Diversity
- Unit 9: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8000-269: Managing Yourself (1 credit). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
M8600-261- Managing Diversity in the Workplace (2 credits)