Continuous improvement is essential for all types and sizes of companies in all sectors to remain competitive in today’s challenging business environment.
CQI has evolved considerably from its early growth within TQM, and now embraces 6 Sigma, Kaizen and LEAN theory. This course provides an overview of these theories of quality and business improvement, and provides an introduction to the key tools used in their successful application.
The introduction of a continuous improvement culture is the key to long term success in today’s manufacturing and services environments. Such a culture requires leadership, resourcing and continuous nurturing. As a leader, you can gain substantial traction in your career if you can demonstrate success with the application of these principles, and in the successful execution of a business improvement program.
This course will also provide you with a framework to plan for and successfully lead a small scale business improvement initiative, and help you to build a continuous improvement culture in your organization.
The content of this course includes:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Continuous Improvement
- Unit 3: Understanding Processes
- Unit 4: Process Variation and Control
- Unit 5: Understanding Kaizen
- Unit 6: Improving Processes
- Unit 7: Lean and the 7 Wastes
- Unit 8: Problem Analysis Tools
- Unit 9: Causal Analysis Tools
- Unit 10: Analyzing Possible Solutions
- Unit 11: Implementing the Solution
- Unit 12: Wrapping Up
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual / workbooks / templates/ articles (manuals contain between 60 and 100 pages)
- Continuous Tutor support throughout the course
Suitable For: Front Line Managers and Team Leaders tasked with improving operational systems and processes
Course Duration: 20 Hours (You will have access to your course for 90 days from date of purchase)
Certification: Global Management Academy Completion Certificate
Resources: Comprehensive Learners manual, additional articles and worksheets
ILM Equivalence: 8600-217 – Business Improvement Techniques (2 credits)