Being able to let go and delegate tasks to others can be one of the hardest managerial responsibilities. The temptation is just to do it yourself - after all you're likely to do a much better and quicker job and let's face it it's going to take more time than it's worth to explain to someone else how to tackle the task.This all too common view only leads to disaster - lack of delegation will lead to you slowly drowning in work. Tasks will become half finished or poorly executed and you will end up with a disgruntled and de-motivated team who are crying out to take on more responsibility.
Learning to delegate effectively is one of the most valuable skills you can master. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organization.
By the end of this course you will be able to improve productivity and efficiency through effective, intelligent and planned delegation.
The content of this course comprises:
- Understanding the theory underpinning contemporary management practice
- Understanding the value of delegation
- Knowing which of your roles and activities can be delegated
- Knowing which Level of Delegating to apply to different situations
- Using a planned approach to Delegating tasks to your team
- How to brief your people for successful delegation
- Monitoring and supporting delegation
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your delegation
- Overcoming obstacles to delegation
- Recognizing the contribution of your people
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-407 Manage and implement change in the organization (6 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-404:Delegating Authority in the Workplace