Innovation is not only for the tech industry — it is central to the success of any business and it must be an integral part of a business strategy.
Innovation has been accelerating since the invention of the steam engine, and the pace is increasing. Consider the telephone: it took 56 years for Alexander Graham Bell’s invention to reach half of US households; by comparison, smartphones took seven years to hit the same adoption rate.
Excellence in leading innovation has far less to do with the leader having innovative ideas; it has everything to do with how that leader creates a culture where innovation and creativity thrives in every corner.
This course is designed to help managers develop the culture to support innovation in their own organization.
In this course, you will learn how to develop insight into the culture of your organization, and how to evaluate your organizations readiness for innovation.
You will also learn how to apply a range of knowledge and techniques to influence and shape the culture of your organization.
The content of this course inclueds the following units:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Organizations
- Unit 3: Understanding Organization Culture
- Unit 4: Understanding Organization Management Style
- Unit 5: Organization Norms and Values
- Unit 6: Understanding Innovation
- Unit 7: Approaches to Innovation
- Unit 8: Leading Innovation
- Unit 9: Promoting a Culture of Creativity
- Unit 10: Communication and Innovation
- Unit 11: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-407 Manage and implement change in the organization (6 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-427 Developing a Culture to Support Innovation (3 credits)