Taking on a more senior role in the organization can be daunting, with many new responsibilities and expectations. This comprehensive course is designed to help experienced managers take the next into step into a senior management role with confidence.
The course begins with consideration of the role of managers today, and activities and attributes which define 'effective management'. Using a range of self-assessments , we will help you identify your strengths and areas in which you will need to upgrade your skills to succeed in a middle and senior management role.
You will also learn how interpret corporate strategy in order to fully align your team and your own role to meet Board expectations. You will learn techniques for increasing your level of control over your Business unit, and improving your use of information to shape business unit performance.
The final focus of the course is on understanding your management style, and framing a personal development plan which will enable you continue learning and accelerate your career.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE OF BENEFIT?
On completion of this course, you will be able to......
- Lead and direct your Business Unit with confidence;
- Know your personal management style, and how to adapt your approach to all types of management contexts.
- Interpret organizational strategy to set aligned plans for your business unit.
- Plan and organize your resources effectively to achieve business results.
- Use best practice Interpersonal Communication skills to influence and motivate your people;
- Better control the work of the team , ensuring a focus on performance;
- Develop the performance of your people through coaching and feedback.
The content of this course comprises:
- Understanding the Management role
- Knowing your personal management style
- Understanding your Organization’s structure and strategy
- Understanding how to align yourself and your team to best realize organization goals
- Planning and resource optimization
- Delegating effectively
- Controlling your Business Unit
- Interpersonal communication skills for effective management
- Coaching for performance
- Developing your management Profile
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-510: Managing for Efficiency & Effectiveness (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-510: Managing for Efficiency & Effectiveness