Comprising 2 courses and 30+ hours of online learning, the ILM LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (MANAGING FOR PERFORMANCE) is designed to enable new and experienced supervisors and team leaders, to manage and continually improve employee performance.
The program provides training in the skills and knowledge of managing employee performance reviews, planning employee development, counselling employees, and applying best practice motivation techniques and practices.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
The content of this ILM LEVEL 3 AWARD PROGRAM has been carefully chosen to provide a concise, but intensive learning experience which will help you develop the skills and knowledge to effectively manage employee performance reviews, counsel employees, assist them in their personal development planning, and better motivate your people to achieve team and business objectives and targets.Candidates for the Certificate are required to complete units to the value of 4 credits.
COURSE 1: MANAGING EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Performance Management
- Unit 3: The Manager’s Role
- Unit 4: Preparing for the Review Meeting
- Unit 5: Conducting the Performance Review
- Unit 6: Providing Effective Feedback
- Unit 7: Performance Planning
- Unit 8: Development Planning
- Unit 9: Managing Underperformance
- Unit 10: Wrapping Up
COURSE 2: MOTIVATING FOR PERFORMANCE (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Motivation
- Unit 3: Basic Motivation Theory
- Unit 4: Using Maslow’s Needs Hierarchy
- Unit 5: Using Herzberg’s Motivation Theory
- Unit 6: Using Theory X and Theory Y
- Unit 7: Using Expectancy Theory
- Unit 8: Gola Setting and Motivation
- Unit 9: Personality and Motivation
- Unit 10: Motivation and Engagement
- Unit 11: Applying Motivation Theory
- Unit 12: Wrapping Up
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be nw or practising supervisors or team leaders with the opportunity to reflect on their work experience and challenges.
Learners are free to complete the program at their own pace. Each course in the program will take approximately 10 hours to complete. Learners will have 6 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program.
The program is delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 6 months from the date of registration).
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Participants must complete all 2 of the courses in the program to qualify for the certificate.
- Each course takes approximately 10 hours to complete.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our E-Learning Portal. Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (60 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written assignments of approximately 1200 words for each course. Assignments are practical and require candidates to apply the theory in the course to their work context. The pass mark for each assignment is 50%. Comprehensive assessment guides are provided for each course, and your Global tutor provides continuous guidance and feedback on your assignment drafts to help you meet the pass criteria.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £76), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.