Comprising 2 courses and 40+ hours of online learning, the ILM LEVEL 5 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (MASTERING LEADERSHIP) will provide you with key leadership skills and knowledge to get started in a senior management role.
You will learn about a wide range of leadership theories, and carry out an assessment of your leadership effectiveness. You will then learn how to improve your presentation skills and develop a presentation which illustrates key leadership principles and practices you wish to promote within your organization.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
The content of this ILM LEVEL 5 AWARD PROGRAM has been carefully chosen to provide a concise, but intensive learning experience which provide non-marketing managers with a comprehensive insight into marketing strategy, and the tools and techniques to plan for, develop and implement the marketing strategy for the organization. Candidates for the AWARD are required to complete units to the value of 6 credits.
COURSE 1: BECOMING AN EFFECTIVE LEADER (6 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Leadership
- Unit 3: The Evolution of Leadership
- Unit 4: The Behavioural Leadership Model
- Unit 5: Transformational Leadership
- Unit 6: Situational Leadership
- Unit 7: Action-Cantered Leadership
- Unit 8: Servant Leadership
- Unit 9: Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- Unit 10: EI and 6 Leadership Styles
- Unit 11: Creating the Vision
- Unit 12: Motivating your Team
- Unit 13: Leading with Integrity
- Unit 14: Leadership Communication
- Unit 15: Wrapping-Up and Further Learning
COURSE 2: MAKING PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS (2 credits)
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Effective Presentations
- Unit 3: Knowing your Audience
- Unit 4: Developing the Content
- Unit 5: Structuring the Presentation
- Unit 6: Delivering the Presentation
- Unit 7: Using Flip Charts
- Unit 8: Compelling PowerPoint Presentations
- Unit 9: Managing the Logistics
- Unit 10: Overcoming Nervousness
- Unit 11: Wrapping-up
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practising supervisors or managers with the opportunity to analyse their business environment and their personal leadership experiences.
Learners are free to complete the program at their own pace. Each course in the program will take approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners will have 8 months from the date of enrolment to complete the program.
The program is delivered through:
- Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 8 months from the date of registration).
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Participants must complete both of the courses in the program to qualify for the certificate.
- Each course takes approximately 20 hours to complete.
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
When you enrol in a Global course, you get immediate access to our E-Learning Portal. Online courses contain:
- Online presentations
- Online quizzes
- Online self-assessments
- Online Case Studies
- Online videos
- Downloadable learning manual (100 pages +) / workbooks / additional articles and Excel worksheets
Candidates are required to complete written assignments of approximately 2500 words for each course. Assignments are practical and require candidates to apply the theory in the course to their work context. The pass mark for each assignment is 50%. Comprehensive assessment guides are provided for each course, and your Global tutor provides continuous guidance and feedback on your assignment drafts to help you meet the pass criteria.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 5 AWARD IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £92), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.