The ILM Level 5 Diploma Program in Leadership and Management is designed to enable experienced middle managers, to acquire a leading qualification which will enable them to enter a more senior management role. Candidates are free to select courses which best meet their personal development needs from a suite of 20+ comprehensive courses.
On completion of a minimum of 37 credits and the associated assessments, candidates receive the Level 5 Diploma from the ILM. This premier management qualification is accepted by many U.K. university for entry into the final year of a Bachelor's degree in Management.
Who is the Program Suitable for?
The ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management program is designed to meet the needs of:
- Newly appointed Middle Managers who need to acquire the financial, commercial, and operational management skills and knowledge to succeed in their new roles.
- Experienced Middle managers who wish to acquire the leadership, and strategic management skills to prepare for entry into senior management roles.
- Managers in both the commercial and public sectors.
The ILM Level 5 Leadership and Management program is highly flexible, allowing learners to select from an extensive range of management and leadership courses. Learners are required to complete units to the value of 37 credits, from the list of courses below:
Select the courses you need to accelerate your career in management (8 to 10 courses):
- 8607-501 Managing Improvement (3 credits)
- 8607-502 Making a Financial Case (3 credits)
- 8607-504 Leading Innovation and Change (5 credits)
- 8607-506 Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation (3 credits)
- 8607-507 Understand Organization Environment (5 credits)
- 8607-509 Managing Customer Relations (3 credits)
- 8607-510 Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness (4 credits)
- 8607-511 Managing Projects in the Organisation (4 credits)
- 8607-512 Managing Resources (4 credits)
- 8607-518 Making Professional Presentations (2 credits)
- 8607-519 Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives (4 credits)
- 8607-520 Assessing your own Leadership Capability and Performance (6 credits)
- 8607-521 Managing Own Continuing Professional Development (15 credits)
- 8607-522 Becoming an Effective Leader (5 credits)
- 8607-523 Preparing to Apply Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery (8 credits)
- 8607-505 Managing Individual Development (4 credits)
- 8607-530 Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring (5 credits)
- 8607-400 Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance (4 credits)
- 8607-401 Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity (4 credits)
- 8607-403 Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8607-404 Delegating Authority in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8607-405 Developing People in the Workplace (5 credits)
- 8607-407 Understanding Financial Management (3 credits)
- 8607-408 Management Communication (4 credits)
- 8607-412 Managing Meetings (3 credits)
- 8607-413 Managing Marketing Activities (3 credits)
- 8607-415 Motivating People in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8607-416 Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8607-417 Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace (6 credits)
- 8605-420 Budgetary Planning and Control (3 credits)
- 8607-421 Interpreting Financial Statements to assess Organisational Performance using ratios (3 credits)
- 8607-422 Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation (4 credits)
- 8607-427 Developing a Culture to Support Innovation (3 credits)
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practicing or aspiring Middle managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the program
Learners are free to complete the ILM Diploma Program at their own pace. However, the Diploma in Leadership and Management must be completed within 2 years from the date of enrolment. You will need to set aside about 6 hours per week to complete this program in 12 months.
One Work-based assignment, or written report (approx. 2500 words each) is required for for each Unit.
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee (at a cost of £166), which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
The Global Learning experience offers you the following benefits:
- Flexibility- to learn at your own pace, from any location. Complete your course, or qualifications as quickly, or as slowly as you require.
- Quality- Global Programs are quality controlled by the ILM, the leading Management Certification body in Europe.
- ILM Membership - all learners in the program are registered as members of the ILM for the duration of the program, and have access to ILM's extensive range of management and leadership development resources and events.
- Extensive Free Resources - are provided with every course, and are free to download.
- Continuous support - a dedicated coach will provide you with continuous support throughout the period of enrolment.
- Cost-Savings - Global Online Learning offers significant costs savings over conventional classroom-based training, and
- A Great Management Qualification- which is widely recognized by Industry and Public sector organizations across Europe.
PROGRAM DURATION: You have up to 2 years to complete the program. If you commit 6 hours per week, you will be able to complete the program within 18 months.
CERTIFICATION: ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
DELIVERY: On-line with email, skype and phone support as required.
RESOURCES: Downloadable Learners manuals for each course, additional articles, workbooks and and worksheets.
FEES: £1890. This includes an ILM registration fee of £166, which also entitles you to membership of the ILM for the duration of your enrolment.