A Business (Financial) Case captures the reasoning for initiating a project or task. Today, with investment capital for projects and innovations hard to come by, a business case has become a requirement for the release of funding for projects, whether private or public sector, whether from external sources, or from internal funding sources.
As a business leader, knowing how to write a financial case is a critical skill to acquire. This practical course takes you through a systematic process of writing a financial case case which provides convincing justification, for proposed investment in new equipment, new systems, acquisitions, major projects, and innovations.
The content of this courses comprises the following units of study:
- Understanding the need for a business case.
- The Business Case in Project Management.
- The attributes of an effective business case.
- The 4 Step business Case model.
- Assessing and Defining the Business Need
- Identifying viable solution options
- Evaluating Solution options
- Making the Financial Case
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Using NPV, IRR and ROI to inform decisions
- Presenting the Recommended Solution
- Managing the Investment
- Presenting your business Case
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Middle Managers, and Project Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with developing the financial case for a project or an investment.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working ina middle management, or project management role.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-502 Making a Financial Case (3 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-502 Making a Financial Case (3 credits)