The core idea in LEAN is to maximize customer value while minimizing waste. Simply, lean means creating more value for customers with fewer resources.
A lean organization understands customer value and focuses its key processes to continuously increase it. The ultimate goal is to provide perfect value to the customer through a perfect value creation process that has zero waste.
This comprehensive course will provide you an insight into all the key concepts used by specialists in Business improvement, and enable you to successfully lead a Lean business improvement initiative, and help build a continuous improvement culture in your organization.
The content of this course includes the following units:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Continuous Improvement
- Unit 3: Understanding Process
- Unit 4: Process Variation and Control
- Unit 5: Improving Processes
- Unit 6: Understanding 6 Sigma
- Unit 7: Understanding lean
- Unit 8 Understanding the 7 Wastes
- Unit 9: Using 5S
- Unit 10: Using JIT
- Unit 11: Value Steam Mapping
- Unit 12: Assessing your Organization’s Readiness
- Unit 13: Planning an Improvement program
- Unit 14: Making the business case – Writing the Proposal
- Unit 15: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing business improvment using lean 6 Sigma methodologies.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-523 Preparing to Apply Lean a lean Improvement program (8 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-523 Preparing to Apply a Lean Improvement Program (8 credits)