Lean methodologies are pervasive in successful manufacturing and service organizations across the globe. While having its origins in manufacturing, Lean principles and methodologies have been applied successfully across service organizations to optimize business processes, and transform the ability of private and public sector organizations alike to meet customer needs.
In this course you will learn about the principles underpinning Lean and 6 Sigma and how to carry out an assessment of the potential for a Lean improvement program in your organization. You will learn how to use several Lean tools and techniques to evaluate the potential for performance improvement, and to make the business case for investment in a Lean initiative.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding Continuous Improvement
- The Costs of Quality
- Understanding processes
- Statistics and Process Improvement
- Understanding Lean
- Understanding the 7 Wastes
- Understanding 6 Sigma
- The DMAIC Improvement Framework
- Lean Tools
- Defining the Problem and Opportunity
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Making the Case for a Lean Improvement Program
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-523 Preparing to Apply Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery (8 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WTH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
ILM Course: 8607-523 Preparing to Apply Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery (8 credits)