As the Boards and shareholders of major organizations around the world will readily assert, leadership is nothing without results.
Business leaders today are exposed to public scrutiny much more than their predecessors, and are expected to deliver results more quickly and often against greater odds than their predecessors. However, as we have seen since the 2007 financial crisis, the ethical behavior of leaders has become a subject of public debate, and there is a growing expectation that senior managers need to exhibit visible social and community values, behave with integrity and obtain the approval of the wider community if they are deemed to be successful.
Therefore, the concept of results has broadened significantly, and there is a clear need for leaders to deliver results to a much wider audience, balancing values with profits and productivity.
This highly practical course has been designed to enable managers to focus their teams on corporate strategic priorities, to build alignment and deliver on the corporate strategic agenda, while also applying leadership behaviors which deliver sustainable results for a wide range of stakeholders.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding leadership and results
- The framework for leadership for results
- Management by objectives
- Implementing business strategy
- Cascading strategy
- Aligning performance measures
- Aligning business unit and team planning
- VMOST analysis
- Measuring performance
- Developing KPIs
- Using Balanced Scorecards
- Using performance information
- Team roles and performance
- Using Belbin’s team roles model
- Motivating your team
- Leadership styles and results
- Understanding leadership styles
- 6 leadership styles
- Using multiple leadership styles
- Applying the 6 leadership styles
- Leadership for results in practice
- Effective goal-setting
- Feedback on performance
- Recognize and reward achievement
- Managing accountability
- Develop your team
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-519: Developing and Leading Teams to achieve Organization Objectives (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-519: Developing and Leading Teams to achieve Organization Objectives (4 credits)