This course is designed for first line and aspiring first line managers, and provides comprehensive guidance and practical knowledge in how to manage and maintain discipline in the workplace.
You will learn how handle challenging situation with your staff, and how to manage disciplinary processes and interviews and how to support your people in meeting the targets and behavioural standards expected of them in the organization.
You will also learn how to monitor discipline in the workplace and know the interpersonal behaviour and support skills required by a manager to monitor discipline in the workplace.
This course comprises the following units of study:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Discipline
- Unit 3: The Legal Context
- Unit 4: Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
- Unit 5: Managing Under-Performance
- Unit 6: Counselling and Support
- Unit 7: The Disciplinary Investigation
- Unit 8: The Disciplinary Meeting
- Unit 9: Monitoring Employees
- Unit 10: Terminating Employees
- Unit 11: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8660-314 Understanding Discipline in the Workplace (2 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8660-314 Understanding Discipline in the Workplace (2 credits)