Increasingly companies, both large and small, are starting to add another responsibility to busy managers’ plates—coaching. It is common for today’s managers to refer to one-on-one meetings with their employees as a coaching session and for some of these managers to be enrolled in a coaching training program.
This course is designed for experienced managers tasked with getting the very best out of their people, using creative and intelligent use of coaching and mentoring in the workplace. The course helps managers develop the skills and knowledge to plan for and implement coaching session with their employees, and with teams. Additionally, you will learn how to implement mentoring programs and engage other managers in assisting in developing your people.
This course comprises the following units:
- Understanding Employee Performance
- The Role of Coaching in the Organization
- Coaching and Performance
- Characteristics of an Effective Coach
- Understanding learning styles
- Identify employee training and development needs
- Using the GROW Coaching Model
- Using the Outcomes Model
- Setting up Personal Development Plans
- Coaching Methods for Teams
- Providing Feedback on learning
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Team Leaders from all types of organizations, seeking to learn how to engage in coaching of their team.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-339 Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching (3 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-339 Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching (3 credits)