As a manager, you will be tasked with controlling and coordinating the work of your team, your systems and business processes which deliver service to your clients or internal customers. To become a leader, you will need to move beyond the short term and operational control of your business, to take up the challenge of inspiring, motivating, empowering and transforming your team to become a successful performance focused and cohesive entity.
The Global Leadership Program will provide you with all the knowledge, skills and practical tools to assume more senior management roles, and accelerate your career.
In this first course in the program, you learn about the key theories of leadership and gain insight into your personal approach to leading people.
Most importantly, you will be able to derive a personal leadership development plan, with specific learning milestones, and a set of resources to build your leadership profile.
The courses provide videos, presentations, workbooks, quizzes, practical assignments, and numerous tools to help you develop your personal leadership skills in all types of organization.
The content of the course includes:
- Understanding and Defining Leadership
- Are you ready to Lead? (self-assessment)
- The Evolution of Leadership
- Understanding Leadership Theory and application
- Understanding Leadership Styles
- Understanding and using Situational Leadership
- Understanding Transformational Leadership
- Confirming your Personal Leadership Profile
- Learning How to Lead
- Developing a Personal Leadership Growth Plan.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-308: Understanding Leadership (2 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-308: Understanding Leadership (2 credits)