MANAGING EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE
With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. As a manager, you will be expected to not only manage a diverse work team, but also to ensure your organization applys workplace legislation to prevent discrimination and conflict within the workplace.
All countries will have specific legislation in place protecting worker's rights, and ensuring equality of treatment for their workers. This course will help managers understandthe core principles of diversity management, and to recognize the benefits of dieversity within wokplaces. You will learn how to cope with diversity challenges at work, and learn to how to promote equality in the workplace, in line with legislation and management best practice.
The course comprises the following 10 units of study:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Diversity
- Unit 3: Understanding Stereotypes
- Unit 4: Understanding Discrimination
- Unit 5: Coping with Discrimination
- Unit 6: Dealing with Diversity Complaints
- Unit 7: Managing Cross-Cultural Communication
- Unit 8: Promoting Diversity
- Unit 9: Reviewing Equality and Diversity in the Organization
- Unit 10: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8605-402 Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area (4 credits)